The following provides information on how to get to us. Please ensure you click the links at the bottom to obtain more detailed & up-to-date maps.
Networks Centre Building
The HPN group partially occupies both level 4 and level 5, with the entrances located:
- Level 1 (under podia - closest to bus stop)
- Level 3 (main entrance) from square 3.
- Level 4 via the bridge (pictured) from square 2.
- GPS coordinates: 51.87603° North and 0.94448° East
Route to the Networks Centre:
From the visitors car park area, follow the orange line to the Networks Centre building (the larger building highlighted in red). The yellow line shows the route to the new teaching centre, which may be used for large meetings. Finally, the green lines show the route to/from the closest bus stops.
Special arrangements have to be made prior to arrival when equipment is being delivered, as it is not practical to transport such equipment from the visitors car park.
Campus Location: Colchester
Stansted Airport (closest)
- Direct bus from the airport to the University of Essex (X22 service)
- Travel Time: 40-45 min
- Bus Fare: £17 Return (approx.)
- X22 Service: For more details and to book tickets http://www.tgmX22.com
Gatwick / Heathrow (London)
- Take underground to London Liverpool Street station. From Liverpool Station take a train to Colchester (Station name in Colchester: Colchester North Station). Trains run between London (Liverpool Street) and Colchester Station approximately every 10-20 minutes.
- Travel Time (London Liverpool Street - Colchester): 1 Hour (approx.)
- You can plan your journey and book tickets here: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk
Colchester North Station - University of Essex by taxi
- Taxi rank outside Colchester North Station.
- Travel time: approx. 15 minutes
- Fare: £8 (approx.)
Colchester North Station - University of Essex by bus
- Bus stop outside Colchester North Station
- Bus number: 61, 62, 74/74B, 76, 78 approx. every 20 minutes weekdays.
- Travel time: 30 minutes
- Fare: £3 (approx.)
Further information including taxi companies can be found on the Universities page here: http://www.essex.ac.uk/visiting/colchester.aspx
A variety of hotels and travel lodges can be found here: http://www.gfb.uk.net/colchester/accommodation.htm. Please note that Wivenhoe House Hotel is currently closed for refurbishment.